27 September 2006

Mark Harp Tribute CD

Our King of Peru


Mark Harp would have turned 50 in 2007. We lost a real musical talent far too soon. What do you think of a tribute CD of covers of Mark's music? Here's hoping folks who admired him and who worked with Mark will come together for this venture.

Listen to 3 hours of my favorite Mark Harp songs from his various bands

Enjoy 24 Hours of Mark's Music organized into free CDs

Then come back with a cover of YOUR favorite? Sounds like a cool early 2007 project, right? It would be freggin fantastic to turn new people on to Mark's works. Please post a comment here, if you are interested in this project, or send me an email. Thanks.

Clark Bars for everybody! xoxo,katya


6 comments:

  1. I'd like to cover Cabal/Null's "Blissful Trust," I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many songs to choose from. I would be into this for sure. Blissful Trust is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would join! Not sure which will I chose, still, but I'd love to do something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blissful Trust and Bowling With You are probably my two faves. I've been covering King Of Peru and Unemployed Total Videoid Blues for a few years now - I'll work on getting a recording made. Any other Balto-area folks need drums or ukulele for this project, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I have a mailbox full of enthusiasm for this project! This brings me such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm not that familiar with his music, I will join and work on something too. Mark was on the same Zappa surf tribute CD as me and his was one of the best tracks.

    ReplyDelete

[Comment form has been problematic for years. Please take no offense, if your comment never makes it to us.]