24 February 2013

Tasmin Little's The Naked Violin CD

Since 2008, classical violinist Tasmin Little has offered her gorgeous The Naked Violin CD featuring works by J.S.Bach, Paul Patterson and Eugène Ysaÿe to listeners for free online. It is a long loved work at Oddio Overplay.

Little's friendly spoken introduction shares technical and musical insights and encourages listeners to think differently about classical music. Tasmin Little's aim is to remove the elitism associated with classical music forms.
"Classical music, for some reason or another, has this reputation that you need a certain kind of education to listen to it, you need to be a certain colour or live in a certain place and I'm a bit fed up with that. I wanted to take away any possible barrier and see if it makes a difference."

Tasmin's Three Step Challenge

1.  Listen to my spoken introduction and download my CD.

2.  Take some time to listen and get to know these pieces. Then write to me and tell me what you like (or don’t like) about each piece.

3.  Go to a concert, buy a CD or write and tell me what barriers still remain to prevent you from wanting to do either!


license: full copyrights; all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Comment form has been problematic for years. Please take no offense, if your comment never makes it to us.]