In most releases, you might hear the arty genius of Logan Whitehurst and The Jr. Science Club (on FMA and Happy Puppy Records) and They Might Be Giants. In other releases, you might hear the cabaret styles of acts like The Dresden Dolls.
You will find your own diverse comparisons, and also find that Polland's work is its own brand of wonderfully weird. You don't have take our word for it, because Jason Pollard offers a large chunk of his catalog of works on the Brave New Weird label (on Internet Archive) for you to enjoy without charge.
Jason Polland's musical projects:
- Mental Rental (1988 - 1998)
- Archbishop Jason Polland (1991 - 2010)
- Used (1995 - 1996; 1997 reunion show; 1999 reunion album)
- The Nourishment (1998 - 2003; 2006 reunion show; 2007 reunion show)
- New Big Black Mr. Super-Soul Bad Sugar Man (1999 - 2001)
- Plague Party (2008 - 2011)